As a Digital Marketer, The challenge in front of us is always there to execute a Digital Marketing strategy for software products that always work and deliver higher ROI on marketing spend. we need to plan integrated approach to get more downloads for an app or more paid subscriptions for software products.
Today, I am going to uncover proven integrated strategic approach to promote and get any apps or software products to hit their targets, either it could be in terms of increasing apps downloads or paid subscriptions to your software products.
We will learn about 5 step approach which you should implement effectively to ensure results –
1. Define your Target Audience
2. Develop Visual Identity
3. Drive Traffic using Content Marketing and Paid Ads
4. Nurture your prospects using automated funnel marketing
5. Measure results and continuously optimize your approach
Now let’s dig into more details and learn strategic approach one by one.
You need to create unique visual identity for your software products and apps which sets apart from rest of the competitors. For visual identity, Creating logo, business cards, website or landing page is highly recommended.
The next step is to drive traffic to your website or landing page from both organic and paid routes. Below are the strategies you can implement –
1. Digital PR
2. Whitepapers/EBooks/Case studies
4. App Store Optimization and SEO
5. Email Marketing
6. Growth Hacking (In-app messages, In-app referrals, personalize on-boarding)
7. Social Media page setup and management
8. Google Adwords (Search ads, Display ads, Remarketing, Mobile ads)
9. Facebook and Instagram ads(Lead ads, App installs ads)
10. Video ads on YouTube
11. LinkedIn ads
12. Twitter ads
13. Various other mobile ad platforms are available for advertising based on the targeted app users segments we need to use. E.g. Inmobi or Appnext
After you receive traffic on your website or landing page from both organic and paid routes, the next step is to gather contact information of your prospects by offering them FREE E-books/whitepaper and hosting webinars on a specific topic in your niche. Once your prospects provide their contact information you can start setting up 3-day or 5-day funnel which they should go through. The objective is to make them from cold leads to warm leads and eventually your customers and as soon as they complete the funnel, move them to your CRM system so your sales teams can follow-up with them in the case of any queries or up selling. You can use industry accredited tools such as drip, marketo, hubspot, infusionsoft for this purpose.
Now your sales and marketing process both are automated and continuously running, Its time to use the tools for measuring the performance of your Digital Marketing campaign and continuously optimize for success. E.g. Google Analytics, Google Optimize, and Google Tag Manager.
Please tell us your feedback in comments and share this article with your friends/colleagues. I look forward hearing from you in comments section below.