LinkedIn has recently introduced a new ad format type on LinkedIn advertising platform. The new ad format called as “LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms”.
The new ad format works best for B2B products and services companies. Marketers can engage their target audience by offering whitepaper, case studies, FREE consultation, FREE report or audit, product demo session of the product etc. to make ads work for them.
Let’s get hands-on experience for setting up first lead generation forms campaign on LinkedIn.
1. Creating New Campaign Type
Go to LinkedIn ads dashboard, click ‘create campaign’ and then in next screen select ‘sponsored content’. Then enter campaign name choose language and click on ‘collect leads using LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms’.
2. Create Sponsored Content
You need to now select either from your LinkedIn company page posts or click on ‘create new sponsored content’ to create completely new content for your target audience.
3. Setup Lead form for lead generation
Now you need to setup lead form in this step, you need to enter following as per your lead generation campaign requirements:
– Call to action button: Choose from Signup/Apply Now/Download/Learn More etc.
– Enter your Form Name
– Offer Headline: This will be visible after LinkedIn members click on CTA (Call to action) button on your ad
– Offer Detail: This will visible in after click on your ad
– Field name: By default, LinkedIn will collect pre-populated data from LinkedIn members profile directly as Email address, First name, and Last name.
4. Select Target Audience you want to reach for your campaign
As other LinkedIn ad formats allow you to select targeting options such as:
Locations by (Country, State, city or town), Company Name, Company Industry, Company size, Job title, Job function, Job seniority, Member schools, Field of study, Degrees, Member skills, Member Groups, Member gender, Member age and Years of experience.
Once you define your target audience personas click ‘next’. You can also save the selected targeting audience as a template for future use in any of your campaigns so you don’t need to define your targeting options again.
5. Select Bid type and Budget for your campaign
Define your Bid type from CPC or CPM. We recommend selecting CPC bid. Then define your daily budget and click ‘next.
6. Setup billing details and your lead generation campaign in ON!!
Now you are just one step away from running your first LinkedIn lead generation campaign. Enter your billing details and click on ‘review order’. The LinkedIn team will review your ad and it will start serving your ads to your target audience.
In the meantime, you can install ‘insight tag’ for website conversion tracking for LinkedIn ads.
If you require any help, please get in touch with our Expert LinkedIn marketers to seek for help in setting up the campaign.